Snake River Brewers - A Homebrew Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho
Snake River Brewers
A Homebrewing Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho.
News: Yearly Dues have been set at $25.00. Pay with PayPal! 2017 dues are due in January, don't forget.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2018, 10:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Input  (Read 759 times)
J
Prez
Club Officer
I gots no Life

AKA: Jeremy

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

I am needing to buy a new chest freezer for beer storage.  I had an old fridge I used to store filled kegs for lagering or as overflow for my kegerator.  It died.  I am in need of another.  I would optimally like to store 6 kegs.  Any more would be a little too much as it won't have near that many most of the time.  Anyone have a recommendation on make/model/size/distributor that they purchased one recently?

The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression.
-Sir John Harvey Jones

"cum mula peperit"

Slow down and BREW!
Matt K.
Club Member
Acid Dropper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »

I bought a kenmore from Lowes.  It can hold 9 kegs, which is a lot, but it's nice to be able to leave a keg of barleywine sitting for 20 months!

Think about aging/lagering space, not just taps. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
-William Shakespeare
BroncoBob
Brewing Since 1996
Club Officer
Post Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »

I bought a kenmore from Lowes.  It can hold 9 kegs, which is a lot, but it's nice to be able to leave a keg of barleywine sitting for 20 months!

Think about aging/lagering space, not just taps. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Model?

Homebrewers Creed:

Relax, Don't Worry, Have Another HomeBrew!
dale
Club Member
I gots no Life

Packer Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »

For 6 kegs, you might also look at refrigerators. I have a 29 CF fridge that will hold 6. It's tight, but they fit. There are a few advantages of a fridge: it takes less floor space, you get a freezer for hops storage, and you don't need a separate controller. The downside is the keg you want is always in the back -- it's like Murphy's law or something.

In dog beers, I've only had 1.

When in doubt, add more hops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: