Snake River Brewers - A Homebrew Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho
Snake River Brewers
A Homebrewing Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho.
News: Yearly Dues have been set at $25.00. Pay with PayPal! 2017 dues are due in January, don't forget.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 08:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which Style Should we Brew on 1/1/14?  Please choose only 1.
American IPA - 3 (75%)
German Alt - 0 (0%)
American Stout - 1 (25%)
Southern English Brown - 0 (0%)
Other?  (if so, write in below) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polar Group Brew Sign-up and Style Poll  (Read 4104 times)
AtomicWW
Plato Spaghetti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 08:24:52 AM »

Glad to see a few folks are getting out for a club brew. I'm hoping some club members will show up to share a New Years's toast. Beer Toast

Clap USA

Brewing festivities will start around 8 and go until we're done. Drinking, eating and football watching will go on long after that.  For those of you planning to make a token visit, feel free anytime.

Happy New Year everyone! 

Walk tall, kick ass and learn to speak craft beer!!
dale
Club Member
I gots no Life

Packer Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »

Glad to see a few folks are getting out for a club brew. I'm hoping some club members will show up to share a New Years's toast. Beer Toast

Clap USA

Brewing festivities will start around 8 and go until we're done. Drinking, eating and football watching will go on long after that.  For those of you planning to make a token visit, feel free anytime.

Happy New Year everyone! 

Bah humbug. 8 am, really??? Might be there closer to 9, we'll see how the partying goes tonight. Smiley

In dog beers, I've only had 1.

When in doubt, add more hops.
AtomicWW
Plato Spaghetti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »

Bah humbug. 8 am, really??? Might be there closer to 9, we'll see how the partying goes tonight. Smiley

There's no requirement to start that early.  It's an all-day thing, with plenty of flexibility built in for dealing with hangovers  Drinking Buddies

dwarven_stout
Plato Spaghetti

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »

I'm headed out of town for school/work tomorrow afternoon, so I figured I wouldn't have time to do the brew. I do figure on stopping by and saying hello!

Go here to see my latest attempt to make myself fat: http://acutecuisine.wordpress.com
Wort
Club Member
I gots no Life

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »

Thanks Joe for your hospitality today.

Whoever makes a poor beer is transferred to the dung-hill. -- Edict, City of Danzig, 11th Century

Part of me say’s “I can’t keep drinking like this”. The other part of me say’s, “Don’t listen to that guy. He’s drunk”
altered states
Club Officer
Post Whore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »

Thanks, Joe, for hosting us. A great time and a very low-key, yet productive way to kick off the New Year. Beer Toast

"We are monkeys with guns and money." -- Tom Waits

"I want a government so small it’s theorized about by particle physicists."
-- Davi Barker (via moralanarchism)
dale
Club Member
I gots no Life

Packer Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »

Thanks Joe! Good times, good chili, good beer! This is why we have a beer club.

Pics from the brew day:

Making beer in the sunshine:

Serious brewing:

WTF? Where's the mash tun?

Cheese!

Extra cheese!

Extra extra cheese!

This is why it's called the "Polar Brew":

Adding yeast:

This is why I hate pellet hops:

In dog beers, I've only had 1.

When in doubt, add more hops.
macabra11
Club Member
I gots no Life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »

It was a good time and a MUCH nicer day than last year when we had single digit temps! And even though we all brewed the same beer, we are all using different yeasts. It should be interesting to see/taste the results. Thanks for hosting Joe!  Big Thumbs Up
Mike
Club Member
Plato Spaghetti

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »

I am pissed I didn't make it this year. I have been fighting that nasty cold and flu bug that has been going around. It has been over 2 weeks now. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It looks like a fun time was had by all.

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
 - Dave Berry
cracked1
Club Member
Carboy Bung Sniffer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »

Thanks again Joe!  Like Derek said, much warmer this year which made it nice.  Also, no brewing related catastrophes and hitting all my numbers nearly dead on was a pleasant surprise.  That doesn't usually happen when I take my gear to brew elsewhere.  Got up this morning to a pretty vigorous fermentation.  It's a good thing I used a blow off tube!

Any of you want to share what your plans are for your fermentation/dry hop schedule?  If we want to see if we can tell the difference between the different yeasts we may want to keep this pretty similar.

Chris
macabra11
Club Member
I gots no Life

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 02:47:45 PM »

Thanks again Joe!  Like Derek said, much warmer this year which made it nice.  Also, no brewing related catastrophes and hitting all my numbers nearly dead on was a pleasant surprise.  That doesn't usually happen when I take my gear to brew elsewhere.  Got up this morning to a pretty vigorous fermentation.  It's a good thing I used a blow off tube!

Any of you want to share what your plans are for your fermentation/dry hop schedule?  If we want to see if we can tell the difference between the different yeasts we may want to keep this pretty similar.

Chris
I don't secondary anymore, so I will either wait a week to put the dry hops in the fermenter or I will dry hop in the keg for however long we're supposed to. By the way, how long are we supposed to?
altered states
Club Officer
Post Whore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »

Chris

I will rack mine out of the fermenter into a keg - probably after two weeks -  and dry hop there. May bottle it - or not. Discovered a pack of BRY-97 yeast in the refrigerator, (which was the yeast I originally wanted to use), so I pitched that.

cracked1
Club Member
Carboy Bung Sniffer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 05:43:56 PM »

The WLP 001 is going strong...

AtomicWW
Plato Spaghetti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »

My 1056 pitch started really strong and has already cooled off.  I'm planning to leave in the primary for 2 weeks then rack to kegs and dry hop for another 7 days.  I typically pull the dry hops right before starting to carbonate and crashing the beer to serving temps.

altered states
Club Officer
Post Whore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »

Mine was slow to start, but I saw a lot of foam when I peeked into the fermenter an hour ago. All is well. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: