Snake River Brewers - A Homebrew Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho
Snake River Brewers
A Homebrewing Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho.
News: Yearly Dues have been set at $25.00. Pay with PayPal! 2017 dues are due in January, don't forget.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2018, 12:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bjcp exam  (Read 642 times)
J
Prez
Club Officer
I gots no Life

AKA: Jeremy

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

There is a BJCP exam in Baker city on the 31st.  If you are interested in taking one anytime soon, this is your chance. Here are the details.

On Jan 13, 2015 3:00 PM, "Randy Scorby" <rdscorby@gmail.com> wrote:

We're about two weeks out from the BJCP tasting exam being held in Baker City on January 31, so I wanted to touch base with everyone.  As a reminder, the exam is being held at:

Paizano's Pizza

2940 10th Street
Baker City, OR 97814

The exam will begin promptly at 9:00AM PST, but you should plan to be there by 8:30AM for check-in. The exam will take 90 minutes and consists of judging 6 beers in 15 minute intervals.  You will be told the specific style that you need to judge them as, and the styles will be those in the 2008 style guidelines.   You will not be permitted to use any notes, style guidelines, or any other type of documents during the exam. A simple 4 function calculator is permitted (one not capable of storing data).  Bring several mechanical pencils. We will have scratch paper, crackers and water for palate cleaning, and all of the paperwork necessary for the exam.

I currently have eight seats available so I'm including those who have expressed an interest in the past on taking the exam.  If you are still interested please forward payment ASAP via PayPal to rdscorby@gmail.com, the cost is $40 for first timers and $15 for retakes.  It takes nearly two years to get an exam scheduled so seats can be tough to find at other locations.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers - Randy Scorby

The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression.
-Sir John Harvey Jones

"cum mula peperit"

Slow down and BREW!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: