Snake River Brewers - A Homebrew Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho
Snake River Brewers
A Homebrewing Club Serving Boise, Nampa, and the Treasure Valley of Idaho.
News: Yearly Dues have been set at $25.00. Pay with PayPal! 2017 dues are due in January, don't forget.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 05:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Educational Topics?  (Read 902 times)
diatonic
Trub Muncher

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »

Hi all,

It's been brought to my attention that meetings are starting to suck. So It made me think about renewing focus on educational topics.

Please post any topics you would like to see covered in this thread. If you see one you know a lot about, volunteer to take it on.

Cheers!  Beer Toast

-Chris
dale
Club Member
I gots no Life

Packer Owner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »

At the last meeting, there was a suggestion to talk about yeast, what yeast is best for what beer, when making a starter is necessary, how to make a starter, that sort of thing.

I'd be interested in some info about specialty grains, like the difference between cara-whatever and crystal, when I might want to use some biscuit or some melanoidin.

In dog beers, I've only had 1.

When in doubt, add more hops.
david
Yeast Culture

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

I'd like to see a few things. A demonstration of harvesting yeast, especially from a conical fermenter. A group brew would be fun to do. And maybe some group learning projects, like having several people brew a smash beer to compare and learn about different gains and hops. I know I could do this on my own, but if multiple people were involved it would speed up the learning process.
-David
J
Prez
Club Officer
I gots no Life

AKA: Jeremy

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:54 PM »

These are wonderful ideas! How can I help?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression.
-Sir John Harvey Jones

"cum mula peperit"

Slow down and BREW!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: